#1, YOUR BDM IS DEDICATED TO HELPING YOU GROW YOUR TRAVEL BUSINESS!
A Business Development Manager (BDM) works with a specific brand in the travel industry, like Sandals Resorts, Hard Rock Resorts / AIC, Viking River Cruises, etc.
They play a crucial role in both the growth of the brand and the success of travel agents who work with that brand.
Here is an overview of what they do and how you can best utilize them.
The most important: We know that when you work closely with your BDM and create a plan of action, you’ll make more money! Whether you’re new to the industry, a seasoned travel advisor, an agency owner, or an independent contractor, your BDM can help you fast-track your growth and profits!
They have been expertly trained and will help you to achieve your goals. There are NO booking minimums to gain access to your BDM. Start with the decision that you want to grow your business and then focus with your BDM and watch your travel business soar!
You have been assigned a BDM based on where you reside who is dedicated to growing your business!
THE ROLE OF THE BDM
BDMs are sales professionals and provide educational training and support, that will fast-track your growth and profits. What can your BDM do for you?
- Assist in Short and Long-term Goal Setting
- Specialized Marketing Strategies and Plan Development
- Product/Brand/Niche Market Training
- TA Portal Training
- Collaboration and Support
Maximizing The Partnership with Your BDM
Taking a strategic approach each year will set you up for success and result in incremental growth.
- Schedule a marketing meeting with your BDM. It’s important to know where you are in the marketplace now and where you want to go.
- Set an actual booking goal for this year and next. Having a number to work towards is motivating!
- Schedule a “VIP Experience”! Your BDM will deliver a presentation in-person or virtually to your clients while offering an exclusive booking incentive!
- Create an annual marketing plan broken down into quarters! Determine with your BDM the most effective activities that will help you meet your goals.
- Schedule quarterly product updates with your BDM. Staying on top of our product is paramount to your success!
- Seek additional training for any niche markets you are interested in. Groups, Weddings, Dive, Golf, Spa, etc. are all lucrative niches to consider. Focus on what lights you up!
- Stay in constant contact with your BDM to receive up-to-date promotions and any breaking news. Developing a relationship with your BDM can make a difference in achieving your success!
Pro-active Ways to Increase Sales while Working with Your BDM!
There are endless opportunities to work side by side with your BDM. Whether your goal is to increase your customer base or get your current customer base to rebook while increasing profits, we can lay out a road map for meeting your goals. Start by determining what it is that you want to achieve.
Consider Consumer Events
If you want to gain new customers and add to your consumer database, then you must get in front of new customers! Seek local events that are happening in your area that draw a crowd. Golf outings, Local Festivals, Car shows, Food & Wine shows, Home & Garden shows, & Bridal shows are some to consider. Your BDM will accompany you to represent Sandals & Beaches while helping you secure new business and close sales.
Work your Client Database
If your main source of new bookings is repeat and referral business, maintain a clean database and a strong social media following. Stay in constant communication via newsletters, mailings, and social media posts while promoting Sandals & Beaches Resorts. Consistently engage your clients with our endless promotions while utilizing our brochures and digital promotional tools from our TA Portal. Set up a “VIP Experience” for your clientbase with your BDM to grow new business!
Grow your Business for FREE!
Sandals and Beaches Resorts offer a wrapped car program to help you gain business
Speak to your BDM to see how you can drive success your way with free advertising that works 24/7, 365 days a year! Some suppliers will wrap anything to grow your business including cars, pick-ups, boats, RVs, and golf carts. You choose the images from their extensive collection for your wrap, and they create and install it for FREE! If you have a storefront, you can ask about free window and wall scrims for your office. Another free option to earn commission 24/7 is to Co-Brand your website. Host agencies can approve individual co-brand links for outside agents. It’s an easy way to promote your brand and boost sales.