Why Should You Choose a Destination Wedding for your wedding?
Destination weddings are a unique and memorable way to celebrate your big day! Not only do they offer you the chance to get away from it all and enjoy a beautiful backdrop for your nuptials, but they can also be more cost-effective than a traditional wedding. Plus, destination weddings typically involve a smaller guest list, allowing for a more intimate and meaningful celebration. With a destination wedding, you can also take advantage of the local culture and attractions, making your wedding an unforgettable experience for all involved.
You most likely already know that a destination wedding is a unique, exciting and memorable way to celebrate your upcoming marriage with family and friends. As 2022 comes to a close, just over 25% of engaged couples opt for a destination wedding, a number that has increased significantly since 2010.
The most popular reason for choosing a destination wedding is climate. 90% of couples choosing a destination wedding cited climate as the major consideration. The timing has a lot to do with this, as couples from colder areas up north can get married in December in perfect beach weather in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, or similar climate, and provide an escape from the dreary winter for all their guests! Another major factor to having a destination wedding is wanting to stand out from the crowd. In the same study, over 66% of international destination wedding couples opted to do so because they wanted a special, fun or exotic locale. The third most popular reason for a destination wedding is to create a casual, more intimate and meaningful gathering with close friends and family.
How is a destination wedding also a vacation?
A destination wedding is an exciting and unique way to combine your wedding day with a vacation. Not only will you be celebrating your special day in a beautiful new location, but you will also have the opportunity to explore the surrounding area and spend quality time with your family and friends. Plus, you can turn your honeymoon into an extended vacation and experience all the sights, sounds and culture that the destination has to offer.
15 reasons why you Should Choose a Destination Wedding for your wedding?
- A destination wedding offers a unique, memorable experience for you and your guests.
- You can often find more affordable venues and packages when you choose to have your wedding in another location. Destination weddings can even lower overall wedding costs because it often prompts a smaller guest list. It also allows you to add your honeymoon to the end of the wedding—meaning, you won’t have to pay for two getaways.
- You can have a longer and more relaxed wedding weekend with your guests. The average destination wedding is 3 to 5 days. Compare this to the following rule of thumb – wedding ceremonies typically last 30 minutes to an hour. And most wedding receptions can last anywhere between an hour to five hours.
You can have a more intimate and private wedding away from the hustle and bustle of your city or hometown.
- You can choose a destination that offers a unique backdrop, that fits your own image of perfection, for your wedding photos.
- You can choose a destination that offers a variety of fun activities for your guests to enjoy. Think boat tours, snorkeling, horse back riding, waterfalls, zip-lining, you name it!
- You can save on decorations and flowers by choosing a destination with natural beauty.
- You can save on travel costs by choosing a destination close to home, or close for your guests. For example, Cancun, Mexico could be a great central choice for guests traveling between Texas and Florida.
- You can choose a destination with a climate that is more comfortable for your guests. Climate is one of the most popular reasons couples pick a destination wedding.
- You can have a unique and exotic wedding theme.
- You can have a more relaxed and stress-free wedding planning process. You typically have a specialized wedding travel agent and on-site wedding coordinator at your disposal, and available for virtual calls and visits.
- You can find unique vendors to help make your dream wedding come true.
- You can find a variety of accommodations to suit every budget. Whether it’s a single room with a garden view, or a presidential suite looking over the beach and the ocean, you can find a resort that fits the budget for everyone.
- You can have a more intimate and romantic wedding ceremony.
- You can create a lasting experience that you and your guests will never forget.
Like anything in life, a destination wedding can be as simple or as complex as you desire. In addition to a wedding, you’re also planning a group vacation. Those are two giant undertakings, rolled into one fun-filled event. We can’t wait to celebrate with you!